Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Changes?

I received an email from JL suggesting that I might actually increase readership by making my articles shorter & posting only 3 or 4 times per week. This will encourage those with limited reading time to become regular readers of this blog. I'd like to poll you to find out what you think about this.

To encourage discussion among readers, I'm going to ask you to use the comments feature below rather than to email me privately. You may post anonymously. If you're paranoid about using comments, go ahead and email me, but if you do, you're depriving others of your considered thoughts on the matter.

2 comments:

dlr said...

My sons and I really enjoy the material on your blog, so whatever you decide to do will be fine with us.

Maybe you should consider having two blogs. One blog that you post to 3 or 4 times a week relating to the technical side of things. The other blog featuring your thoughts, experiences and stories.

Just a suggestion.

Craig Mutton said...

From a purely utilitarian point of view, two blogs would probably be ideal. One blog would be for the hard core, and the other would have little posts for the sound-bite mentality. The problem is the time that would require.

It may be hard to believe, but I've been spending an hour-and-a-half to two hours per blog post. Even at that, I look back on previous posts and find some egregious typos and stylistic boo-boos.

There's also the consideration that a brief post which is succinct and cogent would generally take more time to write than what I've been doing. I'd love to do this full time, but it's not possible right now.

whatever I do at this point, I'm afraid it will have to be confined to one blog.