Friday, October 31, 2008

WARSKYL Reading List

While I was in Peoria for the WARSKYL conference, a couple of the young men asked me if I had or would make up a reading list for Christian Martialists. This is a good idea, and I have made recommendations in the past.

In January, I started a series entitled "Christian Martialism on a Budget" in which I recommended resources that would put you through your first year of training for $100. Several of the resources are free. If you have not read that series, or if you've forgotten, it may be good to go back and review, in order to evaluate and plug any gaps in your training.

Still, it would be a good idea to have a reading list compiled in one place. I have placed ads for various resources on this page (and, yes, I do receive a referral fee, if someone buys), but they don't constitute a comprehensive list.

Therefore, I have placed a web store on my other website. It is affiliated through Amazon.com, and I will receive a referral fee if you buy through my store. I know that this will be distasteful to a few readers, but if that's the case, you can still profit from my advice and purchase the material through other channels.

Also, if you can find some of these books at your public library and read them for free, that's great. And don't forget the free resources, either. Some of them are foundational. But if you're ready to move on to another level, and you need a source to buy books for training, go over to www.warskyl.com and click on the "Web Store" link.

Once you're there, you'll find that I've included notations on most of the books, so you can prioritize. Eventually, I hope to include notations on all of them.

1 comment:

The Warrior said...

I don't think this is a bad thing at all.

In fact, if/when I buy any of these books, I'll do it through you.

Spencer