Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Followers & Followup

I was surprised to find that WARSKYL has 3 "followers", even though I had not promoted that feature. So, I put the app over on the right, in case anyone else wants to publicly affirm that they follow this blog.

Now I would like to address the men, women and young people who attended the WARSKYL Conference on Saturday. At that time I gave you an introduction to a small number of defensive skills. In a group of almost 40 people, it is difficult to give individual help to everyone who needs it -- which means some of you left better prepared for a physical confrontation than others.

Therefore I would encourage all of you to put in some practice over the next few weeks. As things were winding down, I noticed John C. practicing the palm-heel strike with someone. Over a period of not much more than 5 minutes, I could hear the smack of his palm against the focus mitt become stronger and crisper.

You can do the same with your skills. Listen to your body and feel the effects of your strikes. You can do a lot to correct and improve your skills through self-evaluation.

Finally, a few of you asked about where you could obtain your own focus mitts. I've checked Amazon, & they have some similar to the square, yellow Tae Bo mitts, only theirs are red: click here to see.

For a little more money, you can get one that has the glove-style grip on the back: click here to see. As I said at the conference, though, you could make some serviceable focus mitts out of an old foam pillow or cushion and some duct tape.

No comments: