Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Christian Martialism on a Budget, 11

Odds & [Loose] Ends:
At one point in this series I directed you to a Russian site which has an online copy of Get Tough! I neglected to also provide you with a link to an easily download-able PDF version of the same book. This is the version I have both on CD-ROM and in my flash drive.

In "Christian Martialism on a Budget, 9", I mentioned Point Shooting by W.E. Fairbairn. I just found where you can get a PDF download of it. I am also going to include that link in the aforementioned post.

As long as I'm linking you to free combat classics, I should give you a link to Cold Steel. This is also at the Russian website. There is a PDF version here, but it includes only the hand-to-hand & stick (baton) sections, but not the bayonet & knife. Steven mentioned this book in his comment, and you should have it, although I'd suggest you learn the Get Tough! techniques before diving into this material.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm sold on the book of Psalms as a mindset source for the Christian Martialist. The Psalms are inspired songs, and God intends for the warriors of Zion to sing them. Here is a link to a page where you can hear some of the Psalms from the KJV and NKJV in musical settings. They are in the public domain, so you can download, listen and even sing along. We use these in our family worship time.

Well, that's about it for now. I may add to this series, from time to time, but I don't want to overwhelm you with material, especially if you're just beginning your training. I would like to hear from the readers, though. Did I leave out anything you would consider vital? Perhaps you disagree with my priorities or my approach, and you'd like to suggest an alternative path. I'd like to hear from you. My approach to Christian Martialism isn't the only approach, and for you it may not be the best approach. That's what the comments section is for: to enrich & supplement each other's knowledge & options.

No comments: