Monday, April 27, 2009

Terrorism & Bureaucratic Paranoia

Political correctness and paranoina evidently go hand in hand in the "war on terror". In my Islamberg post, I mentioned a Homeland Security report that zeroes in on political conservatives as potential terrorists.

My barber sent me a link that points out that the same report identifies veterans of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as additional candidates for domestic terrorism.

Interesting that the Powers That Be use our young men as cannon fodder in the Middle East to further their globalist aims. Then, the Powers fear these same young men when they come home.

Why?

Could it have something to do with the fact that military veterans tend to be firearms owners and strong supporters of the Second Amendment? Could it be because as these young men mature so will their political philosophy and knowledge?

Perhaps it has something to do with the fear that some of these highly courageous and highly trained young men will come to realize that love and loyalty to one's country sometimes requires oppositon to one's civil authority.

As for me, I do not fear the veterans in society around me. I am much more wary of those still in uniform, who are flush with unquestioning patriotism that fuels their training to follow any and all orders.

If you think it can't happen here, I would ask you to view the following video. It has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen here, until a sufficient number of Americans stand up and say, "Enough!"

When that happens, look around you. You'll see plenty of veterans in the ranks. In my opinion, that's what the bureaucrats really fear.

No comments: