Monday, April 6, 2009

Binghamton Shooting

My wife was born in Binghamton, N.Y. She grew up on the family farm in Pennsylvania, just 30 miles south. My mother-in-law says she knows the spot where the shooting took place.

For some reason, that makes the recent shooting seem a lot closer to home. That's sobering.

Another sobering fact is that after police arrived on the scene, they waited thirty minutes before entering the building. Thirty minutes . . . while victims lay bleeding inside.

This is not to criticize the police. They were acting tactically to what had turned from a mass shooting into a hostage situation. I'm definitely not criticizing the police.

I AM criticizing the civil government of the State of New York for restrictive gun laws that all but guaranteed that the victims in building would be defenseless. I AM ALSO criticizing the Establishment media for pushing the gun control agenda and the just-dial-911 mentality.

While I'm hurling criticism, I might also mention the general public who have so forsaken godly morality and responsibility that God has given them up to a reprobate mind (Romans 1:28) to believe the nonsense churned out by the politicians and the media.

As I wrote to a brother just this morning: "I hesitate to use the reductio ad absurdum in discussions any more, because too often [in the past] the other participant has willingly embraced the absurdity."

As Dr. Stewart Crane used to say, "If I've failed to offend anybody, please stand up, and I'll get to you before you leave."

My barber sent me this link to a discussion of the shooting (Some may find the language used offensive):

Sig Forum

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

Your analysis is once again astute.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.