Friday, September 19, 2008

WARSKYL Conference Update

Yesterday I sent off for the proof copy of the manual for the conference. When the manuscript converted to a PDF file (for the printer), it somehow inserted two blank pages (each after a section break). Too much going on in my life right now to take the time to fix it -- maybe the 2nd edition.

Oh well, use the blank pages to take notes.

Each family represented at the conference will receive a manual. Extra manuals will be available to conferees at $7 each. Those not at the conference will have to pay more.

In the next hour or so, I will be leaving for North Carolina. It involves a possible change from wage slave to self-employed. I've been self-employed before . . . then self-unemployed. I'd appreciate your prayers.

3 comments:

Emil Bandy said...

I'll be praying for your safety, and for employment...

Looking forward to the Conference!

The Warrior said...

I know how tough the job issue can be sometimes. My prayers will be with you!

God bless,

Spencer

P.S. Have you ever considered starting a martial arts school or something like that? Your/our style of martial arts (self/family defense, realistic street fighting) needs to be presented to the Christian community more.

Craig Mutton said...

Thank you both for your prayers (and thanks to those who may have prayed, but did not write).

I HAVE thought about opening a martial arts studio. I have a place, and I've offered free lessons to some folks, just so I could stay in practice myself, but none have stuck with it.

I even distributed flyers & put some ads in a homeschool newsletter, but received no responses. I fear most Christian parents (even homeschool ones) do not see the importance of worldview training in the martial arts.