Monday, July 28, 2014

Weapon Check

Remember this old public service announcement? "It's eleven o'clock; do you know where your child is?" I might ask another relevant question: "If someone broke into your house right now, how close are you to your weapon?"

Over a week ago, I was trimming some branches from a tree that blew over in a storm. Unbeknownst to me, my wife decided to snap a couple of pictures of me on the ladder. 


That's my Ruger SR 1911 in the holster on my left hip. 

(I know the arguments against cross-draw, but the holster ended up there because of comfort and ease of carry. I do not use this holster or position when I'm carrying concealed.)

My point? If you own a handgun, you have no excuse not to be armed in your own home. 

You became a Christian Martialist to defend those whom you care about. This means not only vigilance, but also preparedness, 24/7. 

In case you're thinking of bringing up the shower as an exception (WARNING. ONE USE OF THE "H" WORD):


No comments: