Thursday, July 24, 2014

New Page on WARSKYL

I hate flies. I hate their filth and their peskiness.

My favorite superhero when I was a youngster? The FLY! Go figure.

(Actually, in my mind, The Fly and The Phantom were tied for first place.)

Maybe you've never heard of The Fly. He never made it big like Superman or even Captain Marvel. But he had two things going for him:

  1. His other identity was a kid -- Tommy Troy (for the first few issues, at least);
  2. Early issues each contained a page that taught some sort of self defense move.
Lately, I have located some other comics from an earlier era that taught some form of self defense of martial arts. I have decided to open a new WARSKYL page dedicated to comic book self defense instruction.

Some of the techniques on the pages will prove less effective than others, and I won't suggest that you use these as a primary source of training. Nevertheless, they represent a singular way of teaching self defense: through the heroes from the comic book stories.

I will post another comic page from time to time. The first one features the Shield's sidekick, Bobby Bell. What? You never heard of The Shield? Consider it a gap in your education.

You can either click the link in the "pages" bar above or this link: Comic Book Self Defense.



No comments: