Monday, December 1, 2008

Defining Terms

It occurs to me that there may be those who recently became readers for whom it would be beneficial if I defined some basic terms that I use here on the blog. So, let's talk organization, philosophy & lifestyle, and skills.

In my last post I talked about my dream of a Cherethite Order. If it existed, it would be the organizational expression of Christian Martialism and of WARSKYL.

Christian Martialism is a philosophy and a lifestyle. It is my understanding of the motives, values and beliefs of the warrior who submits to the authority and discipline of Jesus. Christ is the great warrior King who has definitively vanquished evil and who will press that victory until every knee bows and every tongue confesses Him as Lord.

Christian Martialists, then, are men in training "for the King and by the Book." There are Christian martialists (lower case "m") who are not Christian Martialists (upper case "M"). I'm talking about Christian men who know they are warriors and who prepare themselves to protect the weak, even though they may never have read this blog.

Many of you, I'm sure, fall into that category. Then, after reading this blog awhile, you find that your beliefs and values are in accord with what you read. You realize that you are part of something larger than yourselves. You are not my followers; you are my brothers and fellow-warriors.

You have become (capitalized) Christian Martialists.

Continued in "Defining Terms, 2".

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

Well, I feel unworthy to say it, but I guess that makes me a Christian Martialist.

Stephen said...

"Christian Martialism is a philosophy and a lifestyle."

Amen to that! My favorite example is the Scottish Covenanters.

I really appreciate you setting up this blog as a guide to all us young "fireeaters". You've taught me much.