Monday, July 7, 2008

Of Sheepdogs and Crackpots, 4

Continued from "Of Sheepdogs and Crackpots, 3"

All the following represent my opinions. My own assessment so far:

I see the subject as a rather bright social misfit stuck in a low-level job. His frustration leads to anger against God, Gary DeMar and home schoolers. He seems to see the home-schooled as a threat. Perhaps a job or a promotion he thought he should get went to someone educated at home.


At any rate, scapegoating generally arises out of fear. And making decisions out of fear is one of the two major traits of what Dan Korem calls a "Random Actor". The other is unpredictability.

"You just never know what (insert name) is going to do next." Unpredictability arises out of someone's tendency to want to be different and do things differently. If the subject possesses this quality of unpredictability -- as social misfits tend to do -- and makes decisions out of fear, then he fits the profile of a "Random Actor".

Dan Korem is a Christian who has taught his system of profiling to various gov't. agencies and police forces. I very highly recommend his book, Rage of the Random Actor as the next level of sheepdog self-education after The Gift of Fear. Korem's book will teach you the profile traits common to school and workplace shooters as well as terrorists.

When the anger turns to rage in the presence of fear, the mixture is likely to explode.

Some of you disagree with my assessment. Some may not understand my assessment. I do not say that the subject "is a killer." Nor do I say that "he will kill." Rather, based on what evidence I can glean and the conclusions I draw from that evidence, I say, "The subject represents a potential threat, especially if Mr. DeMar allows [what he perceives as] the debate to continue."

I have written a brief assessment of the situation to Gary DeMar along with recommendations that his security people read the books I mentioned above.

If you've just joined this series and wonder what it's all about, you might want to start a the beginning: "Of Sheepdogs and Crackpots"

1 comment:

The Warrior said...

Perhaps a job or a promotion he thought he should get went to someone educated at home.

Ooh, good idea! I didn't think of that one. Angry people do that.

Some of you disagree with my assessment. Some may not understand my assessment. I do not say that the subject "is a killer." Nor do I say that "he will kill." Rather, based on what evidence I can glean and the conclusions I draw from that evidence, I say, "The subject represents a potential threat, especially if Mr. DeMar allows [what he perceives as] the debate to continue."

Okay, that makes serious sense. I agree with that for the most part. "We can't say he's a definite threat as of yet, but he's a potential one" fits my assessment much better.

Good post, my friend.

Cross-posted.

Spencer