Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fighting Men: WWII Training Video

I think you'd call this more of a motivational/mindset video than a training video, but this WWII film has some interesting points. I want to address some of those points below the video.



First, it says that in war, the rule book goes out the window. I understand why it says that -- in the face of the enemy, the main rule is kill or be killed. That's Biblical.

But that does not mean that anyone can wage warfare altogether without rules -- ethical standards. Look at Deuteronomy chapter 20 for an example of the Biblical ethics of warfare.

Another thing that stands out to me in the film is the one fight between the G.I. and the German soldier. The one where the German fakes out an American, shoots him, and another American comes upon the scene.

The fight that ensues impressed me because it is not all neat and tidy with clean techniques. It's a lot more like a real life fight for life -- dirty chaos.

What impressed you about the video? Good points or bad, I'd like to hear about them in the comments section.

No comments: