Friday, January 30, 2009

Locate Sex Offenders

A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
(Proverbs 22:3)

Forewarned is forearmed.
(Old saying)

Here is an online information tool that will pinpoint the residences of registered sex offenders in your neighborhood. Just type in your address, and it generates a map with your house at the center and markers for registered sex offenders who live and/or work within a radius of about four or five miles.

The results may surprise you. I know they surprised me.

This information may change how you think about the safety of your neighborhood. It may also move you to teach your children to think & act tactically.

Here's the link:

Family Watchdog
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Seth Ben-Ezra said...

FYI, as a counter-consideration, I remember looking through a registration list for my area a couple of years ago. To my surprise, I discovered that a registered sex offender lived right across the street!

Except, of course, the house across the street is vacant....

So, yes, this information can be helpful. However, it can also be woefully out of date. So be prudent, but don't be fearful.

Craig Mutton said...

Well said, Seth. Thanks.

The Warrior said...

WHOA. I seriously need to do some poring.

Thank you, sir! :-O

Spencer