Friday, November 16, 2018

Slow Motion Training

I have previously written about the value of training in ultra slow motion. (See here) Today, I want to share some material that corroborates this. It comes from an email I got from Tim Larkin's Target Focus Training.

Speed, it's the one training method in my business that is constantly misused by combat sport/self defense trainers.
They introduce speed way too early in the process.
What's interesting is to look at the best of the best performers/athletes across the board in many different sports/performance arts, the one constant training methodology that produces the top performers in all these disciplines use speed in a very different way.
Last night I was hanging out having dinner with my good friend, Steve Sims, concierge to the world’s ultra wealthy, author of “Bluefishing” an amazing guide to connect and have amazing people/experiences in your life.
Steve told me about a recent motorcycle racing course he did with some super bike and motocross experts.
What was interesting was the instructor took them to his training center in the middle of nowhere and ran their own course on motorbikes that wouldn't go any faster than 60 miles an hour.
Why?
Now Steve likes to go at 150 mph plus at the track on his super bikes. It fascinated me why he went to these experts who put him on a motor bike that only goes 60 miles an hour.
The answer he got from this world class motocross instructor was, “If I can teach you to ride fast on a slow bike, it's going to be so much easier when you get back on your super bike.”
The wisdom in that is amazing.
Steve told me that he can't wait to get back out on the track at full speed after spending the last couple of days doing slow work on the other bike.
He said his control and his ability to see the lines and hit apexes perfectly is so much better than before the course.
He can't believe by going slow how much he learned.
Steve paid a hefty fee to attend this motocross course to learn this info but you get the same critical principles….free!
Module three of my masterclass deals specifically with this phenomenon.
Not only will you hear from motocross and superbike champs, but also other top performers in the music industry, baseball, soccer, tennis, all of them use a variation of this crucial methodology.
And yet very few people in the world outside the elite performers know of it. So take advantage of my masterclass as this is just one of the modules and I unlocked so much more.
This information is critical to your self protection and it's absolutely free.
BTW, I have taken the free course, and I think it's worthwhile. I have no financial connection to TFT, and this is not a blanket endorsement of every aspect of TFT training.

No comments: