Monday, April 4, 2011

From the Barber's Chair: Rules to Live By

My barber saw the following on a survival forum:

Rule number 9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

His comment was,

Kinda' makes me wonder what the previous 8 rules were.......this is a guy's forum signature line.....

Well, it makes me wonder, too. They must be pretty important to push carrying a knife down to the number nine slot.

I think one of them should be, "When out and about, sit with your back to the wall."

What do you think? Do you have a favorite personal survival rule? Does it have to do with mindset, behavior, gear?

Please, add your suggestion(s) to the comments section.

4 comments:

The Warrior said...

Well, in order to not say what's obvious, how about this one: I'm right-handed. Whenever I need to walk next to someone, say, on a narrow side-walk or alley (as in when they're coming towards you), I shift to the left. I'll keep on going...usually I can get them to move, almost like playing chicken. This means my right hand is closest to them to defend myself, draw my weapon, etc.

And as to sitting, I usually like to be able to see the primary entrance/exit....

Spencer

P.S. Why just one knife, when you can have so very many?

Craig Mutton said...

Just the kind of response I'm looking for. Thanks, Warrior.

Stephen said...

Back your car into the parking place so you can pull straight out if you need to leave in a hurry.

Craig Mutton said...

I like it! Thanks, Stephen.