Friday, July 24, 2009

Protect Your Children

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. (Mat 18:6)

The idea of protecting your children from some sadist or molester is dramatic. If you're like me, you've played out in your head exactly what you'd do to someone like that trying to harm your child.

In the real world, however, the threats are often not quite so acute. As a home educator, for example, I've faced the threats of school superintendents who wanted to place my children in the public school system, and I had to take my family & flee a state where we'd lived for 18 yrs because school officials equated home education with child abuse.

In our society, we must plan to protect our children from acute violent attack. We must also plan to protect them from the more subtle threats of bureaucratic tyranny, which can be just as violent, just as deadly.

  1. Two examples come to mind:I don't remember where I read the statistic, but it stuck in my mind: A child removed to foster care is 13 times more likely to be abused than one left at home.
  2. An otherwise healthy child on Ritalin is 6 times more likely to die than one who is drug-free.

The video below shows the dangers posed to your (and my) children/grandchildren by the entrenched bureaucrats who want to protect them to death:



(If your child is not in the public school system, the issue of his/her taking Ritalin or a similar drug will probably never come up.)

No comments: