Friday, February 13, 2009

How to Control Adrenaline Stress

I want to address the lessons we can learn about how to control adrenaline stress from the recent incredible emergency landing of an airliner in the Hudson River. Captain Chesley Sullenberger (Captain Cool) has received recognition for his calm, cool demeanor under extreme pressure.

How did he control his adrenaline stress at this point? On Monday Feb 9th, Good Morning America hostess Diane Sawyer asked him how he remained so cool and calm. His reply is instructive:

{The material which originally appeared in this blog along with a lot more information and practical methods now appears in my e-book, How to Take Control of Your Adrenaline. Click here to learn more.}

Thanks to my wife Laura for directing me to the ABC news video that includes the interview. (Pertinent footage begins at 8min 40sec into the video)


2 comments:

Emil Bandy said...

'One way to develop the skill of adrenaline stress control is by experience. Repeatedly and deliberately expose yourself to dangerous situations. I would discourage you from taking this approach'

lol...... idk... but something about that makes me chuckle... :-)

The Warrior said...

I've never thought about this so much really...I've only been under "extreme" adrenaline stress once, but it has happened to me more or less many times. It usually passes quick enough for me to not worry about it.

Spencer