Monday, July 9, 2018

Eye Gouge Subdues Armed Home Invader

An article in the International Business Times reports:

According to a police report by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, a witness called 911 just before 1 p.m. after he walked up to Golden's house and saw a man in a black mask holding a rifle.

"He hit me in the head with a rifle and a buddy of mine just happened to come up at just the right time and distract him," Golden told WJXT. "And when he distracted him, I made my move and I grabbed him, locked the gun in."

Golden said he got into a scuffle with the armed man, later identified as 34-year-old Timothy Hinson, but managed to use his military training to gain leverage. That’s when Golden made his move for the suspect’s face.

"I dropped the clip because I had military training then there was still one in the chamber," Golden said. "It went off. I knew I wasn't dead. And then military training took over and I gouged him in his eyes until I felt his brain."


Adrenaline supplied the necessary aggressiveness; mindset provided the ruthlessness; training and experience had already taught him the effectiveness of an eye gouge.

No comments: