Thursday, January 20, 2011

Leadership and Localism

Some readers may remember a post I wrote a while ago called "Christian Vigilance for the 21st Century." In it, I  indulged in spinning some daydreams about a modern order or knights who serve their local communities in a number of ways.

As far as I know, no one has yet tried to implement any of the ideas I set down in that blog post. If you have done so, I hope you will share your efforts in the comments section.

I also want to share an idea that I've recently started to work on in my own locale -- Possum Kingdom, South Carolina. It includes starting a new blog: Possum Kingdom Prayer Page.

If you check out the tabs on that page and compare to the "Christian Vigilance for the 21st Century" article, you'll see how this kind of personal ministry may help to bring neighbors together to fulfill some of the functions I listed there.

Would any other Christian Martialists like to undertake a similar responsibility for their own neighborhoods? If so, please send me a link to your neighborhood prayer blog page. You are free to use any ideas you find on my page, and/or let your own sanctified creativity prevail.

No comments: