Saturday, March 20, 2010

Doing Right

Not all battles are fought with guns, knives or fists. The greatest battles are often unseen.

I wrote "Doing Right" about 25 years ago, when I was going through some difficult times. I hope it will encourage all you Christian Martialists out there.

                   Doing Right

When you are all alone, and no one sees you but God,
Doing right is still the right thing to do;
When you think you can do wrong, and no one will ever know,
Dong right is still the right thing to do;
When the whole world marches to the jazzed-up beat of the devil's drum,
Doing right is still the right thing to do;
When the choice is between doing wrong or suffering personal loss,
Doing right is still the right thing to do,
When the temptation comes to do wrong in order to preserve your good name,
Doing right is still the right thing to do;
When the right choice may threaten the loss of friend, job, loved one, security, or even life itself,
Doing right is still the right thing to do;
Some people say that life is a gamble. If that is so, I want to place my bet--I will risk it all on the bet that all the pain, suffering, rejection, criticism, poverty, and persecution that I may endure for the Savior will evaporate in the warmth of one "Well done!"
Then may we see that doing right was not just the right thing to do, but the only thing to do.

No comments: