Saturday, December 2, 2017

Martial Artist Uses Mind to Control Blood Pressure

Keith Pascal is a martial artist who lives in the Pacific Northwest and puts out an e-letter called Martial Arts Mastery. Although we've never met, we've corresponded a little, and he's not one given to exaggerating his abilities . . .  he's good enough that he doesn't have to. That's why his article about using his mind to control his blood pressure interested me.

He introduced the concept this way:

I wanted to see if I could control my blood pressure with my mind. Could I lower the reading with some simple thoughts?

I have always known that the mind is a powerful instrument. In the 1980s, I had perfected the ability to think my hands warm….

So, in the same vein as my mental hand warmer, I created some visual images to facilitate the lowering of the blood pressure.

You can read his whole article HERE.

No comments: