Friday, October 24, 2008

Heightened Sense of Security

I'm away at another show. I drove all day Wednesday, and yesterday spent all day at the Louisville (pronounced loo-uh-vl) Expo Center. Will do so today & tomorrow, as well.

I've noticed that I tend to have a heightened sense of security when I'm away from home, like this. I'm always thinking about where my stuff is, what's safe in the motel room, where to leave things, and what to carry with me.

This evening as my brother and I had dinner at a restaurant, I thought about how tired I was and how vulnerable that made me. I get like this whenever I'm away from home. But tactical thinking should not be a function of distance from one's abode.

How about you? Do you let the familiarity of your surroundings lull you into a sense of false security? Do you feel most safe when you are actually least protected?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take a critical look at your habitual routines and rate your actual security as if you were far away from home.

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to take a critical look at your habitual routines and rate your actual security as if you were far away from home.

Hmm, good idea. I hadn't thought to do that. Hmm....

I usually get in a "heightened state" of security when I'm alone for some reason. Mostly jogging anyways.

The Warrior said...

My recent updates says you have a post on "Christian Vigilantism" and it's not here.

Blogger error?

Craig Mutton said...

I wrote it last night to schedule for this morning, but accidentally posted it, then removed it.

It's back up, now.